Translate

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's (about) time...


It's late...It's time to get some sleep...or more like, it's about time I get some sleep.
I admit that this is a problem I'll have to deal with sooner or later: my lack of sleep.
I know that with all these exams right I have little time to study so I try to take advantage of every second to revise for them...but this kind of behavior is just one of the reasons that made me become an insomniac.
Add to that watching movies/tv series almost every night with my sister or friends.
Not enough?! Then add an addiction to reading books online and blogs and all kinds of stuff...
Still not enough?!
I also used to stay up late to talk to my online/foreign friends. I wouldn't miss a chance to talk to my lovelies. Now we don't chat as often as before since everyone is busy with school or jobs but instead we text message whenever we can or we write emails.
Even so, I'm still an insomniac...
But the cherry on top is my sister's job...I used to be really pissed of because of her job but I'm not anymore. So I'm going to tell you how things were when she started working (btw she works from home, online): her "shift" was between 7 PM and 3 AM and she USED to work on the computer which had and still has a VERY NOISY keyboard (I couldn't stand it before but now I'm kinda imune to the sound) but thankfully she's working on her laptop now. As we were sharing the same room, which we still share even now, she had to keep the light on so she could see what she was tiping...so yeah noise + light = big annoyance while I was trying to get some sleep so that I could be fresh for school the next day. Moreoever she received this desk phone, from the company she was working for and when it rang it was so noisy and so loud that I believe it was waking up all the neighbors haha though nobody complained so far. So since my sister was working for an American company she had to work according to their morning shift (9 AM-5 PM in USA, 7 PM - 3 AM here) so the phone was ringing randomply in the middle of the night. :(( At first it was really annoying but then I decided to stay up till she finished her shift, trying to read a book or something, so that we would both get to sleep at the same time and only then I could rest properly.
Ever since, my sleeping schedule was f***ed up. :(

Those are pretty much all the reasons that led to my lack of sleep...but now since I'm already used to being completely awake at 3 AM I just loooove to stay online at that late hour and do whatever...so bye-bye sleep :))
The thing is that during holidays it's ok since I can sleep in for as long as I want and I can wake up in the evening if I want to, but during school time it's not ok, it's definitely going to damage my health if I don't put an end to it. A bad example would be me a few days ago studying for an exam till (almost) 4 AM and then waking up at 6:20 AM to go take that exam....NOT GOOD!
I'm completely aware of it so I'm going to try my hardest to "reset" my sleeping schedule and get some "beauty sleep" from now on. :D


Lyrics from Owl City - Fireflies:

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems
When I fall asleep

Leave my door open just a crack
(Please take me away from here)
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
(Please take me away from here)
Why do I tire of counting sheep
(Please take me away from here)
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar


Owl City - Fireflies
Asculta mai multe audio Muzica

No comments:

Post a Comment